Nikko AM NZ undertakes an automated rebalancing approach designed to keep the Fund close to its strategic asset allocation (SAA). Nikko AM NZ’s SAA philosophy encompasses the following attributes:
- An appropriate long term return is sought at a risk level that is moderate.
- Downside risk protection is more important than overall risk minimisation.
- Mean reversion tends to occur in most asset classes over the medium term.
- The solution is driven both by qualitative and quantitative rationales.
- Diversification is key – both within and between asset classes. Low correlations are sought, particularly during turbulent environments.
- Use of alternatives has long been part of the approach to reduce the reliance on traditional asset classes.
The Nikko AM Wholesale Growth Fund is designed to provide investors with a portfolio of predominately growth assets to deliver growth in capital value over the longer term.
To construct a portfolio of authorised investments that achieves a return which exceeds the weighted composite bechmark return by 2.0% per annum over a rolling three period period before fees, expenses and taxes.
Benchmark performance is calculated on a pro-rata basis against the relevant sector index.